RoZetta Institute graduates are empowered to deliver meaningful change to global businesses, universities and governments.
Shape your future with a tax-free Industrial PhD scholarship of up to A$60,000 a year
A RoZetta Institute Industrial PhD Scholarship puts you at the heart of a unique research ecosystem where you will be encouraged to apply fresh thinking and new ideas to solve real-world industry problems and make a tangible difference.
Since 2001, this world-leading program has created over 140 graduates who now hold roles that include start-up founder, chief financial officer, hedge fund manager, senior lecturer, investment banker, research fellow, senior vice president and regulator.
If you want to undertake high-impact, high-value research, if you want to create institutional or social change, if you want to maximise your career opportunities, a RoZetta Institute Industrial PhD Scholarship equips you to become an entrepreneur, change agent or leader/innovator at places like NASDAQ, Google, NSW Treasury, Barclays Investment Bank, Financial Conduct Authority, University of Sydney and BBRC Private Equity.
The program is all about industry placement, networking and contacts. It allowed me to pursue the career path I’m currently on and gave me a tremendous advantage.
– Alex Sacco, RoZetta Institute iPhD graduate
Change the world
Our iPhD Researchers are embedded with industry partners, from exciting start-ups and scale-ups to blue-chip companies or government departments, in Australia, Asia, Africa, Europe or North America.
The research ecosystem supporting you provides ongoing academic and industry training, along with access to world-leading data and infrastructure. This will equip you with the skills and the confidence to deliver:
- Groundbreaking new products and services
- Commercial, social or environmental transformation
- Permanent change to R&D capability
- Substantial returns
“My research has real-world impact in regards to the decisions of industry and policy makers.”
– Lin Han, RoZetta Institute iPhD Researcher
I get the opportunity to establish relationships with experts in the sphere, which I don’t think any [standard] university scholarship would provide,
– James John, RoZetta Institute iPhD Researcher
Who can apply?
We have up to 100 scholarships available. These are worth AUD60,000 per year for three years for domestic students and AUD50,000 per year for international students. Our Industrial PhD researchers are enrolled at one of our partner or associate universities. To be successful you will have:
- A desire to make a difference
- Enthusiasm to turn solving problems for your employer into a career-enhancing PhD for you
- A first-class Honours degree or a Masters degree with a major research component
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work in a team environment
- A flexible approach to your research topic – it will be determined by your industry sponsor
“The scholarship provides you with enough funding to sustain a normal lifestyle. It’s fantastic.”
– Marc Bohmann, RoZetta Institute iPhD Researcher
Our research areas
RoZetta Institute delivers market-changing research in Finance and Energy.
Want to know more about
Subscribe to the RoZetta newsletter